Mission Statement of Our PD Committee:

"To coordinate and promote professional development opportunities based on direction from the superintendent and professional staff." (May, 2006)

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

History Made in SVSD!!!

All kidding aside, if you're reading this, you may be as excited as I am that this thing is working. We were only together for a few short hours today, but in my opinion, we made tremendous progress in advancing the cause of educators seeking to improve their skills, and thus learning outcomes for kids.

Thank you all for your contributions, your patience with me (relative to my struggles with where meetings should occur), and for keeping an open mind in an unknown situation. Congratulations!


I'll leave you with one of my favourite quotes...I like it because I believe it...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
(Margaret Mead)

No comments: